We at The RK Group have no bigger job than the health and safety of our clients and team members. For more than 70 years, we’ve been trusted to keep the highest levels of food quality, safety, cleanliness and sanitation, and we remain committed to building and strengthening this foundation.
During the past few days and weeks, we’ve been closely monitoring corona virus (COVID-19), including updates and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and the National Restaurant Association (ServSafe) to ensure we are proactively adapting our policies and procedures in response to the threat of coronavirus.
Our top priority continues to be the health and safety of our team, clients and their guests. Out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to be transparent with our fellow community members, we would like to share some of the additional measures, our team has, is and will continue to take to prevent the spread of the virus and mitigate risks.
• Implementing extra procedures to disinfect high-touch areas with sanitizing wipes & products approved by the CDC as capable of killing the COVID-19 virus
• Adding additional hand sanitizing dispensers in all kitchens, work areas & public food spaces at events
- Food displays & presentations will be modified to reduce shared access:
- Individual servings will be transitioned to when possible
- Food & beverage stations will have additional hand sanitizers.
• An internal alert system & signage with specific instructions to remind & urge frequent, thorough handwashing for a minimum of 20-seconds & other CDC best-health practices
• Taking employee temperatures before work in our locations or off-premise events• Reminding team members to stay home if ill & have constant communication with managers.
We are confident that our communities will get through this, and are working with our city and health officials on a regular basis to remain updated and receive up-to-date guidance. We thank our clients and community members who are working closely with us as we navigate the rapidly evolving situation. If you have any questions about our efforts, delivery options, or rescheduling events, please contact your RK Event Catering or Rentals Planner. More information and updates about the coronavirus and how community members can mitigate risks of spread can be found here: http://www.cdc.gov/COVID19
With love and gratitude,
The RK Group